Tuesday 10 March 2009

A scary half hour

Last night I ventured into camp for a function to wish goodbye to some old friends. Now, I quite enjoy a brandy or two and a friend's husband was despatched to the bar to provide drinks for all. Service at the bar was slow and when the drink eventually arrived, I took a big gulp to find out it was AMARETTO - the almond liqueur! Disaster. I then spent a most unpleasant half hour panicking, pacing up and down, and all the time with heart pounding. When I eventually calmed down, I was fine and didn't seem to be having a significant reaction which is odd. I have no idea why a drink with almonds in it didn't affect me more. But oh the relief.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! does that mean I have to give you back all those bottles of Amaretto that mum bought you? Glad to hear you didn't have a reaction, maybe things are becoming less severe.

    ReplyDelete